Monday, January 17, 2011

Tutorials for small sewing projects

After the rush of the holiday season we may not feel like taking on big projects. I know I don't like to start anything too large and cumbersome in the New Year, it feels like I'm weighing myself down too early in the year.

So I've found some beautiful tutorials to keep you going with some busy work, but not the hard slog of an all out PROJECT!

1. Make-up Bag Tutorial by Chezlin

This is the one Chezlin has on the site 

And this is mine!

I made a stack of these for Christmas Pressies and they really do come out great. I've had a lot of praise for the size and style of mine so I know they work well and make great gifts. The instructions are very clear but I'd suggest this mainly for a intermediate sewer.

2. Reversible Bag by Very Purple Person


Here is verypurpleperson with her creation

And here's a blurry picture of mine!

This is a great bag pattern and tutorial. Again, I made a stack of these for Christmas and they were loved by all recipients! There's a little bit of fiddling when you turn it out the right way but nothing that a beginner sewist can't handle.

3. 50's Headband by Casey Brown at Casey's Elegant Musings

The beautiful Casey modelling her vintage-inspired headband

As you know, I love Casey and her beautiful blog (see Friday's post) and this seems like such a dead-easy little project. I love how she makes everything look like you could just pick it up in an afternoon and be a pro by bed-time. She really does make crafting feel very comfortable and not the least bit stressful!

Thanks for stopping by!

Much love,

bunnyhornet

No comments:

Post a Comment