Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Goals....

.....and most importantly for you my dear readers, more blogging!

So after my poll back a few months ago (before the crazy holiday season kicked in) I asked you what you'd like to see more of on my little blog.

Most of you were interested in reading more about the how-to of jewellery making.  You also asked for more about me. Me? Thanks you guys :)

I have had a few requests for more about other projects I do from time to time so I'll be sure to be telling you more ahout those as well.

So I thought to start things off this year I would give you a little list of some jewellery tutorials I've been loving for beginner/intermediate beaders:

1. Beginners Spiral Tube Necklace from Beads Online:



This is a really thorough tutorial and a really beautiful finished piece. You can get all the materials from Beads Online to make this up yourself. Perfect for beginner beaders.

2. Multi Strand Beading Necklace by The Beading Emporium



The beading component of this tutorial is really simple but things get a little more difficult when it comes to the wire loops. Never fear! There are loads of instructions on how to get it just right.

3. Making a Hand Knotted Necklace by Jenny Hoople on Papersnitch



This tutorial is a video with realy clear instructions on how to hand-knot, a technique which has been used for centuries.

Here's what they say on papersnitch "With the ever-increasing use of fishing line and memory wire in beaded jewelry, Jenny’s “old” method of hand knotting revives this fading art form. So, if you have ever wanted to learn how to make your own jewelry, this video is a great first step."

4. The Floating Bead Necklace by Bethany Studios



Now this lady doesn't claim to be an expert but her tutorial is clear and succinct. It might pay to be a little more experienced with this one!

5. Beaded Wire Earrings by Auntie's Beads



Here's a cute, cheap and cheerful video tutorial on making these lovely wire earrings. Definitely a beginner project!

6. Butterfly by Marcels Kid Crafts


While this is suggested for kids, it would be perfect for a beginner to get to know the basics of wire-beading.

Hope you enjoy these tutorials, please let me know if you make any and I'll post on the blog!

Much Love

bunnyhornet

No comments:

Post a Comment